- And… after a 500 phones from dozens of other brands, we now have two Apple iphone’s in the list ! For the present, NO tag reading and NO sharing on the iphone’s, just contactless payments .
- Lists with certified phones. Handy if you want to know about your nfc chip manufacturer or if you are interested in contactless payments.
- BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1, first BB phone with Broadcom chip (the new BCM20795). BlackBerry was one of the first manufacturers selling nfc enabled phones. All previous Blackberry phones contained Inside Secure controller chips. Inside Secure stepped out of the market for nfc controller chips.
large, rapidly growing, and you will not find a more complete list. Nokia, Samsung, LG, BlackBerry, HTC and all other brands. furthermore what you can expect from the nfc applications. In the overview info about tags, pairing, sharing and payment features. What does work and what doesn’t? For availability by country and by carrier, navigate through the menu above . Go to the list
More and more nfc to make our lives easier, and more fun?.
A question or problem about some tag type ?
Take a look at the page about nfc tags. Samsung Tectiles, Sony smartTags, Mifare, LG Tag+, anti-metal, NTAG203, stickers, key fobs, chips ect. For Android, Windows, BlackBerry and other O.S.. Tips, how to’s and much more. About everything and everyone except the iphone . visit nfc-tags page
In my city, local buses use Near Field Communication technology, and soon my bank starts a virtual wallet service for Mobile Phones. To participate these contactless payment services, I buy that fancy android smartphone on sale this week?
Mobile Phone XYZ is a Handset with NFC?
You are an early adopter and want to use a Mobile Phone to make contactless payments? Better check with your local carrier how things are with virtual wallet service. (Google Wallet doesn’t work with NFC stickers) Manufacturer’s (especially Samsung) often sell 2 versions of 1 Mobile Phone, 1 with chip and 1 without NFC technology. Mobile Phone with disabled NFC chip is also possible. Check 2 times if you want a Handset with Near Field Communication.
News in brief
- LG D605 / L9 II
- Samsung “Ativ Beam” app.
- Top smartphones in 2013 with NFC.
- Nokia Lumia 925, the improved 920.
- CASIO (NEC) G’zOne CA-201L, first android smartphone with an ST NFC chip. New nfc phone and new controller chip supplier.
- The number of NFC-enabled devices will exceed half a billion in 2014, according to a new ABI Research report. NFC is integrating horizontally across a broad product portfolio. Phones, tablets, PCs and peripherals, speaker docks, televisions, cameras, gaming and domestic appliances are all increasingly incorporating NFC.
- From June, people in Caen can pay the bus and tram with cityzi enabled nfc phones. The Twisto app is needed for this service.
The Association Française du Sans Contact Mobile (French Association of NFC Services), or AFSCM, has announced that, as from the end of 2012, the number of Cityzi NFC-enabled mobile phones in France has passed the 2.5 million mark.
About 40 nfc phones available at the 4 French network operators, 26 smartphones are now compatible with Cityzi contactless services.
BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 phones announced. Read what we know about it’s nfc technology.
Jan.’13; Samsung Galaxy Express announced. He? Yes, at AT&T since November. Now announced, let’s say, for the rest of the world. LTE, 1.2 Ghz, NFC and Android 4.1 behind a 4.5” WVGA screen.
- CES; T-Mobile (US) wants to launch a carrier-specific NFC app, “Tap Tag”. Automate tasks, tap a tag to execute actions.
T-Mobile showed an android app, but wants it for any nfc enabled smartphone. Expected the first half of 2013. via engadget.com
-New Mediatek nfc controller chip with “Beam Plus” technology that optimizes the NFC plus Wi-Fi handover procedure.
-Coming soon; A new version of the very popular Samsung SII is more than a rumor. Samsung Gal. S2+ GT-I9105P (p=nfc) with android 4.1 coming to Europe and ..? SIM-based secure element approved by Mastercard.
Mastercard was very active last month, and their list with approved devices expanded significantly; The Samsung Odyssey in the list is not US-bound, certified for Europe! This Windows 8 phone is a Samsung with NFC for all of us?
We are not yet rid of the optional nfc chip! Unfortunately, the Galaxy S3 mini is one more android with optional nfc from Samsung. The extra NFC chip is expensive!
Forecasts NFC devices; in 2013, 285 Million NFC Enabled Devices (Phones and CE devices) are Expected to be Shipped.
In 2017, about 1,5 billion handsets and 400 million CE (Consumer Electronics) devices, “predominantly in media tablets, PC accessories and gaming consoles”, expected to be Shipped.
NFC inclusion into CE devices shows that NFC will be more than just contactless payments.
Source; ABI Research.com