nfc enabled Windows Phone 8X by HTC
What’s a name. It’s really “Windows Phone 8X by HTC”, the X stands for high-end!
“NFC availability depends on the mobile operator and your location. Please check with your mobile operator.”
This must be more about contactless payments. But yes, we had (pluperfect, I hope) carriers in the USA disabling the NFC chip completely.
A vibrant colored (California Blue, Graphite Black, Flame Red and Limelight Yellow) polycarbonate construction. Yes, like the Nokia Lumias, announced a few days ago. This phones appearance asks your attention! (opinion attendees of press release)
Windows 8 is not officially announced yet (end October), so not much info about the software yet.
HTC is introducing a 2.1 Mp, f/2.0 aperture, 88° ultra-wide angle front-facing camera! It also supports 1080p video capture.
The rear camera sports an 8 Mp CMOS sensor with backside-illumination (BSI) for improved low-light performance, along with an f/2.0 aperture, 28mm lens and a dedicated imaging chip.
A physical shutter button to capture spontaneous action even if the phone is locked.
It’s a HTC, so the Windows 8X has Beats audio.
The Windows Phone 8X by HTC will be available beginning in November. Available through more than 150 carriers in 50+ countries. The Windows Phone 8X by HTC will be available from the world’s top carriers including: United States: AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless. Europe: Orange, O2 Telefonica, MTS, Three UK, T-Mobile, and Vodafone Asia-Pacific: Chunghwa Telecom, Optus, Singapore Telecommunications Ltd (Singtel), Smartone, Telstra and Vodafone Australia.
(Pre)order open; Nokia 920, HTC windows phone 8X, LG Optimus G and Galaxy Rugby pro. See all AT&T Mobile Phones with Plans USA at BestBuy.
Qualcomm® S4 1.5 GHz, Dual-core
Windows® Phone 8
SIM card type
Total storage: 16 GB, available capacity varies
132.35 x 66.2 x 10.12 mm
4.3 inch super LCD 2 touch screen with HD 720p resolution
Gorilla® Glass 2
GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
HSPA/WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
Internal GPS antenna with GLONASS
Ambient light sensor
3.5 mm stereo audio jack
Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio™ built in
Enjoy bigger sound and superior fidelity with exclusive built-in amp
8 megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures)
F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
1080p video recording
Dedicated HTC ImageChip
Capture more with the ultra-wide-angle front camera
2.1 megapixel front camera
1080p front camera video recording
Dedicated HTC ImageChip
Audio supported formats:
Playback: .aac, .amr, .m4a, .mp3, .wav, .asf, .wma (verison 9 and 10)
Recording: .wav (w/OneNote)
Video supported formats:
Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, m4v, asf, .wmv (version 9 and 10)
Embeded & rechargeable Li-ion Polymer battery
Capacity: 1800 mAh
Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
DC output: 5 V and 1 A
- Available storage is less due to phone software.
- Network bands in regions other than Europe and Asia Pacific may be different, depending on the mobile operator and your location. Upload and download speeds also depend on the mobile operator.
- NFC availability depends on the mobile operator and your location. Please check with your mobile operator.
- Battery times (talk time, standby time, and more) are subject to network and phone usage.
- A Standby time specification (“specification”) is an industry standard that is only intended to allow comparison of different mobile devices under the same circumstances. Power consumption in a standby state is strongly dependent on factors including but not limited to network, settings, location, movement, signal strength and cell traffic . Comparisons of different mobile devices using such a specification can therefore only be done in a controlled laboratory environment . When using any mobile device in real life circumstances for which the mobile device is intended, the standby time could be considerably lower and will be strongly dependent on the factors as mentioned above.