Samsung Galaxy Note 2 nfc
NFC enabled Samsung Galaxy Note II, forget the optional, NFC chip for all Note 2 devices!
Wow, first a shock, not a word about NFC from Samsung, at the IFA in Berlin. Nothing on the video, nothing in the press release. Other websites can misinform about NFC, but I can’t. I need first-hand proof before posting. Anyway, Samsung is very difficult with that optional chip in a lot of handsets.
Also opinions of visitors/journalists of the IFA processed, for fairer descriptions.
I know many people were waiting for this phone. Many incoming searches for Galaxy Note NFC. I think it will be a sales success.
Tap to iniciate a p2p transfer with another nfc device with S Beam.
Disable S Beam to pair and share with nfc enabled phones without S Beam app !
S Beam is Samsung’s proprietary app, only available on the latest nfc enabled Samsung android devices.
Other nfc enabled android devices use the “android Beam” app.
Android Beam and S Beam are not compatible.
big bigger biggest;
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 features a 5.5 inch (140.9mm) 16:9 HD Super AMOLED screen, the screen ratio is best for cinema-like video.
New S Pen;
Longer, thicker and a better grip than the “Note 1 pen”.
Easier to write with (more like a pen).
New features like “air view”, a pre-view while hovering in the Gallery, Calendar, Mail app or Video player.
Smarter, take the S Pen out of its slot, and a note will automatically open.
SDK available for developers, soon more apps supporting the S pen (probably).
– Contextual search
– Email and calendar apps recognize handwritten input
– Screen Recorder. It allows users to record a whole sequence of actions taken on their screen
– Idea Visualizer allows users to easily add illustrations by handwriting keywords on the S Note. It provides illustration images that match the handwritten keywords.
– The Easy Clip feature allows users to instantly outline and crop any content on the screen in any shape to save, share or paste. By simply pressing the dedicated S Pen button, the S Pen recognizes that users want to clip or edit the selected content on the screen. Once done cropping the image, users can freely edit the cropped content through coloring, shading, or their own personal handwriting.
– Camera features; Buddy Photo Share, Burst Shot and Best Photo. Best Faces allows users to choose the most preferred face or pose of each person from group portrait photos. Users can personalize photos by leaving handwritten notes on the backside of a photo (with S Pen). Handwritten Photo Notes can be shared with others in jpg format.
Very short summary of the reviews;
If it’s not too big and not too expensive for you, then there are no reasons not to buy the Note 2. Fantastic performance and features. Maybe you don’t like the polycarbonate, but one of the advantages of polycarbonate is quite nice here. A fall from the hand can always happen, certainly with a device of this size. This seems to be a durable and solid phablet, not only visually, he has also passed some drop tests I read.
1.6GHz Quad-Core Exynos 4412 processor
8 Mp rear- and 1.9 Mp front-facing camera with HD video recording
Android 4.1, Jelly Bean O.S.
HSPA Plus or 4G LTE connectivity
2 Gb RAM
16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB memory with an expandable micro SD memory slot
3,100mAh battery 😎
The nfc antenna is in the back plate (hence the two contact points), NOT in the battery.
Available in Marble White or Titanium Gray color options.
The Samsung Galaxy Note II is set to launch in October starting in major European, Asian, and Middle East markets.
In the US a bit later.
Update aug.’12; Info from Vodafone Germany is showing a price of 640,- Euro ($ 800,-) for the 16 GB model without contract. In the US, Carriers sell their phones with discount. But.. no, it’s not a budget phone 😉 .
source; Samsungtomorrow.com and IFA visitors/Journalists
Buy your Note 2 at Wirefly, compare and see what you save
- 3G: HSPA+21Mbps
(HSDPA 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps)
- 4G LTE: 100Mbps / 50Mbps
- 1.6 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 140.9 mm (5.55″) HD Super AMOLED (1,280 x 720)
- 80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4 mm, 182.5g
- Standard battery, Li-ion 3,100mAh
- 16/32/64GB User memory + 2GB (RAM)
- microSD slot (up to 64GB)
S Pen Optimized Features
- S Pen Experience
– S Note, S Planner, Email with hand-writing
– S Pen Keeper
– Quick Command, Easy Clip, Photo Note, Paper
– Shape Match, Formula Match
1 Step tasking / Multitasking features
- Air View
- Popup Note, Popup Play
- Page Buddy / Tag Buddy / Word Buddy
Connectivity / Sharing Features
- Bluetooth® v 4.0 (Apt-X Codec support) LE
- USB 2.0 Host
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi HT40
- Wi-Fi Direct
- S Beam
- Samsung AllShare Play & Control
- Samsung AllShare Cast (WiFi Display)
– Mirroring & Extention
- Samsung AllShare Framework
- Samsung TouchWiz / Samsung L!ve Panel
- Samsung Kies /Samsung Kies Air
- Samsung ChatOn mobile communication service
- Smart Stay, Direct claa, Screen Recorder,
- Samsung ChatOn mobile communication service
- Samsung S Suggest
- Main (Rear) : 8 Megapixel Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, BSI
- Sub (Front) : 1.9 Megapixel VT Camera, BSI
- Best Photo, Best Group Pose, Low light shot
- Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, DivX, WMV7, WMV8, WMV9, VP8
- Format: 3GP(MP4), WMV(ASF), AVI, FLV, MKV, WebM
- Full HD(1080p) Playback & Recording
- Codec: MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, ACC+, eAAC+, AMR(NB,WB), MIDI, WAV, AC-3, Flac
- Music Player with SoundAlive
- 3.5mm Ear Jack
Content / Services
- Samsung Apps
- Samsung Hub
– Game Hub
– Media Hub (US only)
– Learning Hub / Music Hub / Video Hub
※ The availability of each Samsung Hubs may
differ by country
- Accelerometer, RGB Light, Digital Compass, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer
- On Device Encryption (H/W)
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- VPN(F5, Cisco, Juniper)
- MDM(Sybase Afaria, MobileIron, SOTI, Good)
- VMware MVP