LG Optimus G + nfc
LG revealed its newest High-end flagship smartphone, yes High with a capital. The LG Optimus G has a Qualcomm’s Snapdragon™ S4 Pro 1,5 Ghz Quad-Core processor, Adreno 320 GPU, 13 Mp camera, 2 GB Ram, LTE, ow yes, an nfc chip as well. Nothing wrong with the great specifications. The bad news (a little disappointingly) the Optimus G will ship with Android Ice Cream Sandwich, not the newer Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Premium glass with a patterned “polarized glass” look is used for the back cover. Yes, glass for the chassis. The Optimus G is a beast, but not physical, it’s small and thin.
Let’s wait the reviews. we’d love to know the user experiences. We have so often read about LG’s clumsy UI. LG has everything in order with the software this time?
Really a lot of impressive technical bla bla in LG’s announcement. I copied several parts, so you can judge its value yourself.
“The Snapdragon S4 Pro runs at 1.5GHz and features Asynchronous Symmetric Multiprocessing (aSMP), which enables each core to power up and down independently, for maximum performance with better battery life. Furthermore, the Adreno 320 is over three times faster than the Adreno 225 found in previous Snapdragon processors for an enhanced gaming experience with faster frame rates, smoother play and support for higher HD resolution displays.”
“The Optimus G sports a 4.7 inch WXGA True HD IPS+ Display with 320ppi high pixel density (1280×768 pixels) and Stripe RGB IPS Panel with 15:9 aspect ratio. LG offers True HD IPS+ Display.”
“Moreover, the Optimus G will be the first smartphone to be equipped with LG Innotek and LG Display’s newly developed G2 Touch Hybrid Display for touchscreen panels (TSP). The G2 Touch Hybrid Display is thinner than current TSPs and offers the slimmest panel display with no diffused reflection for clearer and sharper visibility, even outdoors. Thanks to the new technology, the thickness of the screen panel has been reduced and the screen itself is much stronger to withstand damage from impact.”
“LG Chem developed a high-density 2,100mAh battery that provides more power capacity and prolonged charging cycles. The new battery technology extended the battery lifespan to 800 cycles at 80 percent charging capabilities, much greater than the lifespan of 500 cycles in regular phone batteries.”
· Live Zooming allows zooming in and out while viewing a video;
· Dual Screen Dual Play, not only allows mirroring between the smartphone and a TV, it also has the ability to display different content on each screen. For example, a slide presentation can be displayed on the TV while the Optimus G shows the accompanying speaking notes;
· QMemoTM, first seen in the Optimus Vu:, allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo directly on the captured screen with their finger for sharing instantly with others as an attachment or a URL;
· Time Catch Shot allows users to select and save the best shot among the images taken just before the shutter button is depressed;
· Cheese Shutter takes a photo when a voice command is spoken.
It’s very likely you find a few “Tag+” NFC tag stickers in the box.
The LG Optimus G, first a “Japonese edition” available at NTT DOCOMO. The global version of the device will be launched in Korea in September, followed by other markets worldwide.
Update oct.’12; Coming to AT&T and Sprint, USA, later this year.
Optimus G order at AT&T, compare with price at Bestbuy
OR.. order your Sprint Optimus G at wirefly, compare and see your savings
· Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core krait APQ8064 CPU
· Adreno 320 GPU
· Operating System: Android 4.0 (4.0.4?) Ice Cream Sandwich
· Network: 2G / 3G / 4G LTE
· Display: 4.7 inch WXGA True HD IPS+ (1280×768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
· Memory: 32GB
· RAM: 2GB DDR
· Cameras: 13.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
· Battery: 2,100 mAh
· Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
· Weight: 145g
· Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL, DLNA, NFC
source; LG press release