nfc enabled LG Optimus G PRO
The Pro version of the Optimus G, we should see as another phone.
Or better, as 2 new phones with nfc.
A 5 inch version for DOCOMO Japan, a bigger 5.5 inch phone for Korea and the USA. Both with the same 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution.
You remember the bad reviews of LG’s Intuition, launched Mar.’12 exactly a year ago?
Don’t worry, if you’re looking for a big phone, put the Optimus G PRO on your short list. After the Optimus G and Nexus 4, LG made another great high-end device.
A VP of LG to Engadget.com; “LG offers two high-end product lines, one focused on premium design (Optimus G), the other on high-performance design (Optimus G Pro)”
LG’s flagship design line; Optimus G is about Sleek and precise. “Perfection”, “precision and delicacy”, “sophistication (high dignity)”.
LG’s performance design line; Optimus G PRO is about streamline and comfort. “Shape optimization (camouflage)”, “usability” and “new feature emphasis”.
The new Optimus G PRO has soft edges and round corners. The Optimus G is more rectangular.
It looks less premium as the Optimus G. It feels light but not cheap. The back is made of plastic, not glass.
– LG’S first full HD smartphone with a great 1920 x 1080 pixels and 400 ppi IPS display. Viewing angles are also very good.
– Everything runs very smooth, due to the quad-core 1,7 Ghz Snapdragon 600. The fastest smartphone at the moment, march ’13. But we know, a faster one is never far away.
– The Optimus G PRO has a big battery, in normal use enough for a long day. A second battery in the box for the Koreans, I’m not sure about other markets!
– Infrared communication, this phone controls your TV and other electronics.
– NFC, SmartTag app installed for nfc-tags, in Japan ready for contactless payments (“DoCoMo miniUIM card is required”). No info yet about nfc payments in Korea and the US.
– No stylus support.
– VR Panorama allows shots of entire horizontal and vertical environments for a full 360º view. During a review, this didn’t work flawlessly.
– Cool!, Dual Recording allows users to capture video with both the front and rear cameras simultaneously for PIP (picture in picture) video!
(source LG and MWC journalists)
Korea, LG U+, SK Telecom and KT; launched
Japan, DOCOMO; April
USA, (which carrier..?); Q2
(Specs for US carrier(s) can be slightly different.)
Optimus G Pro, launched in Korea, LG U+, SK Telecom and KT;
• Chipset: 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 Processor
• RAM: 2GB DDR
• Memory: 32GB / microSD (up to 32GB)
• Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels / 400ppi)
• Camera: Rear 13.0MP with LED Flash / Front 2.1MP
• OS: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
• Battery: 3,140mAh (removable / wireless charging capable)
• Size: 150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4mm, 5.91 x 3.0 x 0.37 in
• Weight: 172 gr.
Optimus G Pro L-04E for DOCOMO Japan;
size; Thickness of about 70m × width 139mm × height of about 9.9mm (about the thickest part: 10.1mm) (TBD)
Mass; 160g (TBD) about
Display; About 5.0 inches LCD Full HD IPS LCD + Zero Gap Touch / TFT (1920 horizontal 1080 × vertical)
OS; Android ™ 4.1
CPU; APQ8064/1.7GHz quad
Battery; No removable battery (for rapid charging) 3000mAh
Memory; ROM 32GB / RAM 2GB
External Memory; available only in the corresponding model / microSDXC ※ (64GB) ※ microSDXC (up to 32GB) microSD ™ (2GB) / microSDHC ™
Number of effective pixels camera (outside); Appr.13.2 million pixels
Number of effective pixels camera (inside);Appr.2.4 million pixels
Maximum recording size camera; 13M stills Full HD video 4208 × 3120 / 1920 × 1088
– NFC/Mobile wallet; service type Type A / B and FeliCa mobile wallet system 1 ((FeliCa) NFC) is now available. Method for the use of services of Type A / B, DoCoMo miniUIM card is required to be offered in February 2013.
– Wi-Fi tethering
– Wi-Fi (LAN wireless)
– Area Mail
– WORLD WING; Class 4 (3G ○ / 3G850 ○ / GSM ○)
– Communication speed; Xi: 100Mbps/37.5Mbps, FOMA: 14Mbps/5.7Mbps ※ 2
– Infrared communication