HTC One X / X+ / XL + NFC
The HTC One X / XL (L means LTE support) supports NFC and will be compatible with Google Wallet.
HTC’s flagship smartphone has amazing specs. (see X+ specs below)
COOL ! simultaneous HD video and photo shooting with a dual-shutter 8 Mp camera! The video interface has a camera button to shoot pictures in the middle of video shooting without interrupting the moving picture.
– 4,7 inch HD,
– Tegra 3, 1,5 Ghz quad-core / 1,5 dual core for AT&T handset
– Sense 4, includes 2 years of a 25GB Dropbox account
– Beats Audio integration
– f2.0 lens, which should help in low-light scenarios
– capturing a photo in 0.7 seconds, and a 0.2 sec. superfast auto-focus speed
– polycarbonate unibody
– microSD card
– Wirelessly sync with desktop programs
The downside to the new design; making the battery inaccessible and omitting microSD storage expandability.
Quite promising this top end handset, isn’t it? let’s wait for the reviews.
Update april; some quotes from reviews, pro and con:
– It’s pretty, slick and for sure, a stunner.
– a very minimalist feel, which will likely appeal to many
– If a phone were judged by its physical design and materials alone, the One X would’ve been an instant winner before I ever even turned it on. It can’t be overstated what a beautiful device this is
– this sleek-looking, lightweight phone will appeal to both men and women, but those with smaller hands will struggle to use the HTC One X effectively
– For the large size, it’s very light indeed at 130g (4.59 oz).
– The One X is at the very edge of cutting-edge when it comes to hardware.
– there’s certainly no shortage of grunt for games and multimedia playback, both being smooth. However, the performance is also noticeable in day to day use
– probably the only Android smartphone that did not give me ‘force close’ errors or asked for a reboot during the week that I have been using it.
– It’s never so hot that it’s uncomfortable
– video at 22-23 frames per second. Not that it’s impossible to watch, but it’s not as smooth as what we’ve gotten used to
– the best Android-powered camphone available in the market.
– As for image quality, I can’t confidently say these are the best cameraphone photos I’ve ever seen
– it has the best display performance outdoors with great legibility
– The One X’s display is, without a hint of hyperbole, the best I’ve ever seen on a phone.
– latest version of Sense UI is the best proprietary out-of-the-box UI experience one can get on an Android smartphone
– Sense 4.0 is still as much a liability as an asset
– Hard button experience isn’t perfect
– with more typical use, we managed a day before recharging was needed
– it takes almost four hours to charge completely with the charger that comes with the device (bothered)
– if the phone shows 8 percent battery left, run to the closest charging point (bothered)
– this phone’s dual-mic noise canceling system is really well tuned
– The (white) case had a tendency to show and retain dirt very easily
– the lack of a microSD slot will be a big worry for many
– If you have that sort of money and are looking to buy an Android smartphone, look no further.
Quotes (mixed) from BGR.in, Techradar.com, Slashgear.com, Phonearena.com and Theverge.com reviews.
The HTC One X
will be released in April. end of March available in some countries.
It will be an AT&T exclusive in the US. AT&T ‘s LTE variant will come with a dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4.
All UK networks, check
plans at buymobilephones;
U.S. – AT&T ; AmazonWireless seems to have the best deals !!
HTC One X 4G Android Phone, White (AT&T)
Update oct.’12, HTC One X+ version;
– A faster Tegra 3 processor, clocked 1.7 Ghz (was 1,5 Ghz)
– Bigger 2.100 mAh battery (other 1.800)
– Much more memory; 64 GB (32 GB on global One X, 16 GB on AT&T’s device)
– Better front-facing camera, 1.6 MP (I see a trend here !)
– Android 4.1 JB
– Modified UI, sense 4+
Colors; white and grey
Android™ 4.0 (ICS) + HTC Sense™
Nvidia Tegra 3 1,5 Quad core
Qualcomm MSM8960 1.5 GHz Dual Core (AT&T)
1 GB DDR2
16 GB onboard storage
4.7″ HD super LCD 1280 x 720
LTE CAT3 – DL 100 /UL 50
1,800 mAh, Embedded
(Main): 8 MP, f/2.0, BSI,
Single LED-Smart Flash, ImageChip,
1080p HD Video with Stereo Sound
(Front): VGA, with 720p video
Universal Beats Audio
134.8 L x 69.9 W x 9.3 mm