HTC Stunning ( Incredible S + NFC )
This NFC phone will debut in China (September? 2011) and will support NFC mobile payments through a partnership with China UnionPay, the Chinese bankcard network.
The Stunning runs Android O.S., and this handset uses the SWP protocol to access the secure element on the microSD card. UnionPay calls it an SWP-SD secure element. We don’t see this often, secure element on microSD card. Technically, the handsets can use an antenna, build in the phone (like the HTC Stunning), or use microSDs with own contactless antennas inside the microSD-card. At least 3 manufacturers are able to make these.
2 important things;
1 – In China, consumers don’t buy subsidized Phones through their operators.
2 – China UnionPay (CUP) has a monopoly on domestic bank payment and ATM transactions.
So the bank can subsidize microSD-based NFC Phones, and for the operators there is no reason to sell NFC Phones supporting this system.
Unknown whether the NFC-enabled Incredible S will be sold in other countries.
Advertisement for NON-NFC phones;
- 64mm (2.52″) X 11.7mm (0.46″) X 120mm (4.72″)
- 135.5 grams (4.78 ounces) with battery
- 4-inch touch screen with 480 x 800 resolution
Internal phone storage: 1.1 GB
RAM: 768 MB
(The actual available internal phone storage may differ depending on the software configuration of your phone.)
- microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Standard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)
Battery type: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
Capacity: 1450 mAh
- WCDMA: Up to 380 minutes
- GSM: Up to 580 minutes
- WCDMA: Up to 370 hours
- GSM: Up to 290 hours
- Europe/Asia: 900/AWS/2100 MHz
- 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Android™ with HTC Sense™
- 8 megapixel color camera with auto focus and dual LED flash
- 720p HD video recording
- 1.3 megapixel front camera
- Digital compass
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
Audio supported formats:
- Playback:.aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)
Video supported formats:
- Playback:.3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9)
- Up to 14.4 Mbps download speed
- Up to 5.76 Mbps upload speed
- Up to 114 kbps downloading
- Up to 560 kbps downloading
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth® 2.1 with FTP/OPP for file transfer
- A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
- PBAP for phonebook access from the car kit
- Internal GPS antenna
- The actual available internal phone storage may differ depending on the software configuration of your phone.
- Battery times (talk time, standby time, and more) are subject to network and phone usage.
- A Standby time specification (“specification”) is an industry standard that is only intended to allow comparison of different mobile phones under the same circumstances. Power consumption in a standby state is strongly dependent on factors including but not limited to network, settings, location, movement, signal strength and cell traffic . Comparisons of different mobile phones using such a specification can therefore only be done in a controlled laboratory environment. When using any mobile phone in real life circumstances for which the mobile phone is intended, the standby time could be considerably lower and will be strongly dependent on the factors as mentioned above.
- Network bands in regions other than Europe and Asia Pacific may be different, depending on the mobile operator and your location. Please check with your mobile operator.
- Actual data speed is dependent on the network or Wi-Fi® signal strength.
Source www.htc.com , But we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Product specifications and service availability may differ by country.