The Facebook NFC Phone
The HTC First is the first featuring Home by Facebook. Soon “Facebook Home” will be available from the Play store for some other phones (free download). But on the First it will be more deeply integrated.
HTC One X
HTC One X+
Samsung GALAXY S III
Samsung GALAXY Note II
HTC One (Future)
Samsung GALAXY S4 (Future)
Later it will be available for more Android phones.
In two words, it’s a new “User Interface“.
“Facebook Home is a family of apps. You install them and they become the home of your phone.”
The home screen will be Facebook. From the moment you turn it on, the stream of friends’ posts and photos with quick access to your essentials, will be your home screen. The screen changes dynamically, every time a surprise, it shows … Facebook (or Instagram if you want). And you can keep chatting with friends, even when you’re using other apps.
A 4,3 inch, 720p S-LCD2 341 ppi, with good viewing angles.
1.4GHz dual-core snapdragon 400 cpu.
5 Mp camera
1 GB RAM
16 GB storage, no microSD slot
2,000mAh non-removable battery
– NFC ;-), I didn’t found anything to say about it.
– Facebook home is visually attractive and amusing and if downloaded from the play store, to uninstall.
– Somewhat disappointing basic (stock) functions, find out more if you use that camera a lot.
– Good specs/performance ratio and call quality.
– Data usage; Facebook lets you adjust the amount of data. Choose between low, medium or high data use and image quality. Anyway, all the time updating in the background, costs a lot of data. Keep an eye on, to avoid unpleasant surprises.
– Battery; Reviewers report enough power for the whole day.
– A stock android phone with LTE (a rarity). Facebook Home can be turned off in HTC’s First settings! Voilà, a vanilla stock Android Jelly Bean device.
– The HTC First is the only phone that comes with Instagram pre-loaded.
HTC First will be available in four colors: black, white, red and pale blue.
Available in the USA exclusively on AT&T.
EE is the exclusive UK launch partner.
Also available on Orange and .. ?
Size: 4.96 x 2.56 x 0.35 (in) (LxWxT)
Weight: 4.37 oz
Display: 4.3 inch, HD 720p, 341 PPI
Qualcomm® 8930AA, dual core 1.4 GHz
SIM card type
Total storage : 16GB, available capacity varies1
RAM : 1 GB LPDDR2
UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
LTE: 850/1900 MHz
Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
Ambient light sensor
3.5 mm stereo audio jack
Compliant with Bluetooth 4.0 BLE
Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a//b/g/n
micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port
Speaker with built-in amplifier IC (support 2.55V)
F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
1080p Full HD video recording
Front Camera: 1.6 MP BSI front camera (ultrawide angle)
Audio supported formats: .aac, .amr, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)
Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery
Capacity : 2000 mAh
Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
DC output: 5 V and 1 A
Sources; Facebook, HTC, AT&T and Engadget.